Bid management and the quality of proposals to your potential and current customers are crucial to both entering into new business areas and to stay in current business areas.
There can be many things to consider in bid management when drafting a proposal and there can be a number of necessary stakeholders, who needs to be involved to produce The Winning Proposal.
First of all, you should consider what exactly your message to this particular customer should be. then there are a number of other considerations. Without excluding other considerations, here are some examples:
- Can we deliver within the given time frame?
- Do we want to deliver?
- The receiver is a human being with an opinion of us – what us that opinion?
- How did this customer come to know about us?
- Can we make is sufficiently simple?
- What is the primary focus of the customer?
- Do we have prior experience with this customer?
Before and during the drafting phases, it may turn out to be highly beneficial to be critical regarding a number of issues. These are some of them:
- Margin on individual products and services.
- Pricing on 3rd party products.
- Need for development resources.
- Software licenses.
- Payment terms.
- Delivery terms.
- After sales services.
- Future opportunities
No one ever said it would be easy to draft a proposal but knowing your customer and involving the right resources will get you far.
Call us for an informal meeting to discuss opportunities.